The S&P combo is pretty classic and one that I’ve done several times already. But… at the grocery one day, I found a bundle of super fresh basil. So I wanted to try and incorporate it into my cooking.
What you need:
- 1 piece of steak, marinating for 1 hour in salt, pepper, & Knorr Seasoning).
- 4-8 baby potatoes (adjust number depending on size).
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small/medium white onion, chopped
- 5-8 leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- In a pot, boil the potatoes till cooked.
- Once cooked set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Once cooked, set it aside to the coolest part of the pan.
- Cook your steak till preferred doneness. (Pan searing! Or grill it if you have one).
- Add the basil.
- Once the steak is done, remove it from the pan.
- Return drained potatoes to the pan and sautee.
- Serve warm!
I enjoyed dinner with a glass of Malagos!